Reminisce Book Bundle
Great for Activities Directors and Caregivers.
You will receive the following:
- one copy of Reminisce Mysteries Book 1
- one copy of Reminisce Romance Book 2
- one copy of Reminisce Ghost Stories Book 3
A couple of years ago, we looked for books my 94-year-old mother would enjoy reading. My mother found one book in her senior living facility library that she loved. It had a large type, pictures, and an easy-to-understand storyline. Unfortunately, my brother and I searched and didn’t find any other books that fit what we were looking for, books that would give my mom the joy of reading and not frustrate her and, more importantly, books she would enjoy.
To answer this need, we published a line of books with intriguing storylines. These books give us a fun look at the past and the images that go along with the stories. It is called Reminisce – a line of books by Kirk House Publishers.
About the books:
Kirk House Publishers is proud to present the Reminisce Line of dementia-friendly books. Written by REMINISCE authors, the stories are set in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s in an easy-to-read, short-story format. Large type and full-colored illustrations make the stories accessible to all readers, many of whom may have their own special memories of those periods of history.
Each book includes 9 or 10 stories that are 1500 to 3000 words long with a beginning, middle, and end. Intriguing storylines for all ages
What people are saying:
When Ann Aubitz from Kirk House Publishers called me about the new line of books she was publishing for older readers, my ears perked up. I knew this was an underserved market. Ann explained her series would be different from the books currently available. Her books were actually inspired by an elder, her 96-year-old mother, who still enjoys reading.
I was excited to review the books myself, as so often books for our elders have small print, they are hard to hold, or have storylines that are too complicated to comprehend, or on the other side, they are overly simplified and child-like.
What I found was Ann’s books (the Reminisce book line) were designed to be dignified and intriguing. In addition, they would meet multiple needs:
- Large print for older eyes.
- The Larger-sized book makes it easier to hold as it is common for fine motor skills to decline as we age.
- Intriguing storylines for all ages. This allows flexibility to share intergenerationally, allowing grandma or grandpa to read to their grandchildren, or their grandkids can read the book to their grandparents; if they are in the mood to share.
- Along the lines of intergenerational, the books also can teach children a bit about the past and engage in conversation about the good old days that elders refer to.
- These books are ideal for a wide range of people and abilities of various ages, and for those with early cognition issues, they are IDEAL!
The stories are set in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s in an easy-to-read, short-story format in the genres we love, mystery, romance, ghost stories, and science fiction. Large type and full-colored illustrations make the stories accessible to all readers, many of whom may have their own special memories of those periods of history.
This series will meet a wide range of needs, enabling many people who love to read to continue having that pleasure.
I highly recommend the Reminisce book line for your special someone that still loves to read.
~Lori La Bey, founder of Alzheimer’s Speaks
Books are non-refundable.
Reminisce Book Bundle for Caregivers
Books are non-refundable.