REMINISCE Mysteries: Book One
Ava Florian Johns
Publication Date: 07/19/2022
Enjoy ten short stories set in the 1940's, 50's and 60's.
Kirk House Publishers is proud to present the Reminisce Line of reader-friendly books. Written by REMINISCE authors, the stories are set in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s in an easy-to-read, short-story format. Large type and full-colored illustrations make the stories accessible to all readers, many of whom may have their own special memories of those periods of history.
What people are saying:When Ann Aubitz from Kirk House Publishers called me about the new line of books she was publishing for older readers, my ears perked up. I knew this was an underserved market. Ann explained her series would be different from the books currently available. Her books were actually inspired by an elder, her 96-year-old mother, who still enjoys reading.
I was excited to review the books myself, as so often books for our elders have small print, they are hard to hold, or have storylines that are too complicated to comprehend, or on the other side, they are overly simplified and child-like.
What I found was Ann’s books (the Reminisce book line) were designed to be dignified and intriguing. In addition, they would meet multiple needs:
- Large print for older eyes.
- The Larger-sized book makes it easier to hold as it is common for fine motor skills to decline as we age.
- Intriguing storylines for all ages. This allows flexibility to share intergenerationally, allowing grandma or grandpa to read to their grandchildren, or their grandkids can read the book to their grandparents; if they are in the mood to share.
- Along the lines of intergenerational, the books also can teach children a bit about the past and engage in conversation about the good old days that elders refer to.
- These books are ideal for a wide range of people and abilities of various ages, and for those with early cognition issues, they are IDEAL!
The stories are set in the 1940s, 1950s, and 1960s in an easy-to-read, short-story format in the genres we love, mystery, romance, ghost stories, and science fiction. Large type and full-colored illustrations make the stories accessible to all readers, many of whom may have their own special memories of those periods of history.
This series will meet a wide range of needs, enabling many people who love to read to continue having that pleasure.
I highly recommend the Reminisce book line for your special someone that still loves to read.
~Lori La Bey, founder of Alzheimer’s Speaks
Alzheimer’s Speaks is a Minnesota-based advocacy group and media outlet making an international impact. Our goal is to shift dementia care from crisis to comfort by giving voice to all and raising those voices to enrich lives by sharing critical information, personal stories, resources, products, and tools from people and organizations at all levels around the world.
Library of Congress Control Number: 2022940945
Books are non-refundable.
Reminisce Mysteries: Book 1
Books are non-refundable.